Saturday, September 03, 2005

WHYGRR's New Look: 59% Less Infuriating to Author

I'm playing with some new templates and as a result, WHYGRR may look to have a personality crisis for the next few days.

I am having a hard time with some aspects of Blogger and am shopping new templates. I may consider moving to Wordpress because of a couple quirks with Blogger - specifically, my atom feed stopped working about 5 days ago, the template I was using (Minima) was very stubborn on fonts, offers no trackback, some images stopped appearing in I.E. only while Firefox was fine, and the sidebar would move all the way....well, don't even get me started.

If anyone has a recommendation on Wordpress vs. Blogger, please let me know. Or, if you know of other less picky Blogger templates, please pass along. Wordpress Pro is not free, but it does appear to offer more options. More time to rant - less time on repair...

In the meantime, DONATE!

Technorati Tags

2 Comments:

Blogger BohemianLikeYOU said...

This comment placed here for the same purpose that a bartender puts a couple of his own dollars in the tip jar at the beginning of his shift. Comments beget comments.

9/03/2005 08:54:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wordpress rocks! I love it, it took a while for me to tweak my CSS layout (I still don't understand it. It was all trial and error coding).

Wordpress also has RSS feeds built in, on the fly theme changing, all sorts of good stuff and it's free.
Or you can get the pro version. it's your choice. I HIGHLY recomend it. :-)

insanehippie
http://blog.insanehippie.net

9/04/2005 03:19:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home