Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Too Predictable

The mainstream media is nothing if not predictable.



This image below is from the front page of MSN.com today with the very words I predicted they would use yesterday. (see my piece entitled "Nation Braces for Overuse of the words "Grim Milestone")

A Grim Milestone // Military funeral service in Brooklyn, N.Y. (© Andrew Lichtenstein/Corbis)

The defeatist and contrived nature of marking 2000 dead misses the point entirely. Yes, 2000 brave men and women have died helping to defeat Saddam - precisely so the possibility of millions perishing won't ever happen again.

Too bad 2000 brave Europeans didn't make the same choice in 1935 to fight and possibly die in Germany.

The "grim milestones" from that war are counted in the millions.

8 Comments:

Blogger J-Sin said...

and how many of those million are european or Russian?...yawn...you like your presidents slightly brain dead so I guess your opinion matters, how again?...out

J-Sin

10/25/2005 08:42:00 PM  
Blogger BohemianLikeYOU said...

Yo Yo Yo J-Sin, why you tryin' to front on da Bohemian??

Out.

10/25/2005 08:46:00 PM  
Blogger J-Sin said...

I do not comprehend your innane attempts to put me into your ideal "urban" category...out

J-Sin

10/26/2005 04:38:00 PM  
Blogger BohemianLikeYOU said...

Back again? I thought you were "out".

10/26/2005 05:01:00 PM  
Blogger J-Sin said...

it's so amazingly original to bust on the way I sign posts...you seriously post the absolute lamest nonsense on earth, comparing the Iraq War to World War II is just lunacy...no wonder you used to work for the democrats, I guess back when they were building up a force to lose all three branches with, great job bud...way to see the light, I'm certainly reliefed to know that you worship a man whose contributions to America are measured in the trillions of debt...Bush the 2nd must be creaming your pants with the anticipation of huge debt!...out

J-Sin

ps. I'm so looking forward to yet another witty attempt to internet insult me

10/26/2005 11:44:00 PM  
Blogger BohemianLikeYOU said...

I'm not trying to insult or embarrass you DJ J-Sin. You're doing a fine job of that yourself.

FYI, "reliefed" is actually spelled relieved.

wiki wiki wiki wiki wiki

10/27/2005 01:14:00 AM  
Blogger J-Sin said...

how cute...I imagine you must think you're very original...I mean a post about Israel occupying Arab land with a map of the Middle East...sheesh that's NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE!...here's a spelling tip for you "dittohead" has two t's...out

J-Sin

10/27/2005 08:57:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

out! what a white boy!

10/28/2005 08:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home