Thursday, April 14, 2005

World Tour Media Whore



Anyone else about had enough of John "
Hillary would make a good president" McCain?

Whether it's his opportunistic grandstanding on Abu Ghraib, his flirtation with the Kerry ticket last year, his betrayal of scores of Swift Boat Vets, or most recently his mutinous opposition to the judicial filibuster, you can count on John Ker...err..I mean John McCain to do what will ingratiate him to Don Imus and Chris Matthews.

One has to wonder....Since last year McCain was clearly positioning himself for what he
thought would be a Kerry administration in 2005, you don't think he's now positioning himself for a possible "John McCain Show" on MSNBC, do you?

Probably not. But, Senator, in case you're wondering how the Conservative zeitgeist is shaping up for a 2008 Presidential run, you might want to reconsider running as GOP. "Jim in Chicago" sums up Republican sentiment with this comment on pollpundit's blog:

"I would spend a month tunnelling through a mountain of broken glass
to vote against John McCain in the primary."

On second thought, perhaps John McCain would make a great President...of France.

4 Comments:

Blogger f mcdonald said...

You have an outstanding Blog! Thank you for making such an articulate contribution to the efforts of the Pajama Hadeen.

McCain Is Not Able

4/20/2005 11:16:00 PM  
Blogger Darrell said...

McCain often surprises me, and I disagree with him now and then, on things like the filibuster and the swift boat vets... but he does keep things interesting. You've given me a lot to think about here, though. Do I support him as much as I do just out of loyalty to a brave vet, or do I really agree with him? Hmmmm. Looks like I need to work this out.

4/22/2005 01:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would love to support John McCain but I have one small problem... His stances on almost all my political convictions seem to be opposite mine.

Oh, did I mention that I don't feel comfortable trusting him to vote consistently conservative in congress.

4/22/2005 02:02:00 PM  
Blogger BohemianLikeYOU said...

Great comments folks. I love the McCain is not Able!

I have deep respect for Senator McCain's service in Viet Nam and his public service. But he really let President Bush twist in the wind last year while he allowed everyone to wonder whether he would accept John Kerry's overtures for Vice President. This put everything we Conservatives hold dear in major jeopardy, I feel.

The very fact that he either considered accepting this offer or simply enjoyed the media adulation enough to allow it to continue for 2-3 months is deeply disturbing.
Keep in mind how badly the President was getting HAMMERED by MSM.

In my opinion, a friend you can count on is really no friend at all.

Cheers! I'm going to listen to Zell Miller's RNC speech on my iPod again!

4/22/2005 07:36:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home